Sunday, September 7, 2008

Zooable

Today I woke up with an urge to play a new game. Being as how I have my new m3 full of games Ive never played before, and some of my favorites, I just had to start something. The bad thing about having this thing, is that I have all these games and I want to play them all at once. I start playing a game, then 2 minutes later I remember I have another game I could be playing and then I switch. Well, today I forced myself to start Pheonix Wright. Please don’t hate me. But I really did have to talk myself into playing it. But fear not! I cannot put it down! It’s a truly awesome game. Ive just started the third story, and Im going crazy ‘cause I should be socially active and stuff…but instead I am sitting here attached to the wall via power cable. Anyway, awesome game so far.

Dad went to the gym today and when he came back he dragged me out to this small market down an ally and around a corner and down another ally and then through a gate and poof! A small little food market was there! Like someone opened up their backyard and put up tables and had people rent them out to sell their fruits, meats, and fishes. In fact, when we picked out a very nice salmon steak and the woman just threw it in a little baggie and gave it to us. It was odd. But guess how much it was! $5! Hellz ya. We made some awesome scrambled eggs with the fish and some rice, and had bowls of fruit on the side that we bought at that market, plus some pastry things from the bakery. The pastry things here are awesome! Its so squishy and fresh and has weird things inside! Its like an eatable present.

We went to the zoo today. I was pretty exited, because I was very curious what kind of things these people think is zooable. We had to take 3 trains to get there too! It was nuts. All together the time was maybe 20 minutes, so nothing to really complain about. Across the city for less than $1.50? Totally rad. So we get to the zoo, for only $2 mind you (love Asia), and the animals we saw was flamingos, ferns (yes ferns), otters, monkeys, deers, mongoose, leopard, and some others that I cant remember. I was forced into going to the insect house. It was pretty cool, I even got to the butterfly room. That was fun! It wasn’t as crowded as the zoo Im use to at home. HOWEVER when I went to leave the room I looked up AND SAW A HUGE GINORMOUS SPIDER!!!!11 I hate spiders. HATE! Then I got passed that, only to find ANOTHER ONE on a web and it’s butt looked like a face! IT WAS LOOKING AT ME! Looking into my immortal SOUL! Even now it remembers me…it wants me…its going to find me, and eat me. Or worse! Touch me…UGH! Im getting scared thinking about it! I hate spiders! I hate bugs! I hate everything!

RAGE!

So…moving on…apparently the zoo closed an hour after we got there, which was lame. We didn’t even seen a forth of it. But I think I am comfortable enough with the train systems that my sisters and I will go back during the week when my dad is working and visit it again. I really want to see the rest of the zoo. We went to get something to eat, and didn’t feel like trying to figure out what fried things on sticks people were selling, so we went to something familiar…McDonalds! And not only was it a McDonalds, but it was a 2 story McDonalds. Ghettooooooooo! They have this thing that’s like a Big Mac but with a spicy chicken thing instead. Very spicy. Very…not good. It was kinda gross, actually. McChicken, good. Big Mac, great. McBig Chicken Mac, disgusting crap. After that we waited in line FOREVER to go on a ride in the Gondola. Unfortunately, no one listened to little ol’ Chelsea when she complained about not getting there in time to be able to see anything because the sun was going down! So we couldn’t see damn thing going up. Kinda lame, but whatever. It was still pretty fun. :D

On the way home dad had me basically navigate home through the train systems just to see if I knew how to get around. Just in case us kids wanted to go to the zoo on another day while he is at work. I think we will. I got through the trains ok. Its pretty easy since each station line has its own color, and there are maps everywhere.

I really want a donut.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That sounds crazy, but fun, except McDonalds. I wish I could have seen the spider. I bet it was cute!

Anonymous said...

Hey Choopie, It's Chris Evans. Jaime directed me to your blog site, and i have to say that i couldn't stop laughing while reading through it.

I'm so glad that you are all haveing a great time and experiencing a new and fabulous place and culture.

Keep us up to date. And please please please keep allowing Leighanne to use your lappie to keep in contact with me. I miss her dearly and can't wait for her (and you and sarah) to be home again.