Friday, September 5, 2008

Operation: Bedless

It didn’t really accrue to me that I was about to spend the next 24 hours trying to find my way from one country to the next. I woke up on the 2nd at about 8am and got all ready to get to the airport. I waited for my friend Hicks to pick me up. OMG when he came and we drove off I thought I was going to die. Im not use to zipping around the highway like Im about to lose a bet. Anyway, I get to the airport, get through the stuff, blablabla. By the way, don’t carry a laptop with you to the airport if you cant get it out easily. Apparently they made a new rule that you have to send large electronic items through the xray thingy by itself. I had to take it out and put it back in and…ugh. It was retarded.

Sooo I get on the plane, and I see that I have like half a foot for my legs and I thought to myself, “this is going to be a long flight.” But good thing PAX sucked out my soul and I had no energy. I feel asleep pretty much as soon as the plane took off. I slept for half the flight (about 5 hours), which was AWESOME. I got fed twice. Mmm food. My dad had always talked about the in flight movies and how they kept him from going crazy, but they were all in like…Japanese…Chinese…blah. I swear there was nothing English except for the Disney channel. Which, in that case, I could be watching Hannah Montana, Cody in the House, and some other crap. I would rather be bored out of my mind and watch the little plane on the map creep slowly across the map. There wasn’t much of a view either, clouds and ocean…pretty much. What was really cool was it was -50 degrees outside the plane so the moisture in my window crystallized.

So eventually we land and are now in Tokyo. I went through the little shops and found a shirt. I wanted to find a shirt that said like “Tokyo” or “Japan” or whatever. You know those stupid tshirts you find in our own airports? Yeah. That was me. The only shirt I could find was in a child’s size, so I found a large. The man who rung me up looked at me funny and pointed to the little “childs” sticker that was on the bag for the shirt. I was aware, and it will fit. YAY ME! It was 1600 yen, which was about $15.25. Everything is backwards in Japan. You drive on the left side of the road, left left left.

Soo we take another plane and end up here in Taipei Taiwan. MOST CONFUSING TIME EVER!! We had to go through customs like 3 different times for different things. So lost…we waited for dad for like a half hour. None of the pay phones would work with our credit cards, which was gay. So we had to find people to borrow cell phones from. What have I learned in Asia so far? Everyone is fricken nice! I havnt met a rude one yet…yet. Anyway, we meet up with dad, he was at the wrong terminal, and we get a cab. Who knew the first cab I would ever take would be in Asia? Good drivers these guys are. And the weather SUCKS! Its so humid! Its like Florida! It’s a little smuggy and hot and icky. It was like 80 degrees at midnight! So, at this point, I hadn’t been in a bed in 24 hours. I slipped online to catch up on some emails and other things. I went to bed and was soooooooo happy. Oh, by the way, at this point its Sept. 3rd.

1 comment:

Spyder Z said...

Ummm... you're the Minja... I don't think it's possible to be rude to you... ^.^ (Or at least I'd be Afraid to. >.> )