Saturday, September 6, 2008

Elephant Brothers!

Mmmm Saturday. Saturdays are like the Saturdays are back home. Everyone is out and about, no one works, good fun all around. Dad stayed home today because it was the weekend just like he will do tomorrow. Today we made a good ol’ American breakfast. French toast! Dad and I went to the store today to try and find cinnamon and powdered sugar. Apparently Asia doesn’t believe in powdered sugar. We came back to remember that we didn’t check for butter. Rats. Also, maple syrup costs and arm and a leg. Im serious! Imagine $30 - 40 for a small bottle. Now I know what to get my dad for his birthday. Either way, food was pretty good.
Today we went out on an adventure, shopping around and such. I found a small store that was pretty much 50% off so I got two shirts for 425 TD, which is about $15 USD. They’re awesome shirts that don’t make any sense, its rad. I also bought some Crocs. Wheee! They’re not the kind of Crocs you think of when you think of that kind of shoe. They’re socially acceptable and cheaper. Horray for me! We also found a burger place. It was pretty good, not as good as the burgers I can find in America, but its cute that they tried. :D
The most awesome thing that happened today was…a baseball game! Dad lives directly across the street from a stadium, and they only play games on weekends and not that often. He bought tickets and we walked over there. Everything was decorated and it was real crowded. Games are a bit different from the ones back home. The game itself is the same, but the crowed is what is different. The game was the elephants vs. the bulls. The home team was the elephants, and their colors were yellow, black, and white. I don’t know who decided that elephants were yellow, but whatever. The stadium was real small. You could fit this stadium on the field of a normal one. Maybe, at least it seemed that way. You sat on different sides of the stadium depending on if you were there to see the home team or the visiting team. And that all depended on which line you stood through to get tickets. Everyone brought their own little funnel tube things for the game. The side we sat on (home team) was full of Asians and their little yellow tubes with pictures of the team’s mascot and some were filled with beads to make even more noise. On each side of the team, they had people on trumpet and even people on those huge Japanese drum things. Each side had their own cheer and the drum guys would drum and the people in the crowds would beat along with their tubes and horns. There was even this one kid who stood up and was making his own cheers and his friends would cheer the rest. Our team ended up winning! Horray! OH MAN! It was crazy. The most fun game I have ever been to hands down. I also had a pizza hut personal pan pizza that had mushrooms, onions, chicken, and…corn. This country loves their corn. Its on everything and even by itself with sugar! Its insane.
On the way home we had to cross the street. However, when you cross the street, you cross it along with all of the scooters trying to get out of the parking lot of the game. So, I almost got hit like 235 times. I got it on camera!
Also, I get winded when I walk up my dad’s steps. Isnt that sad?

4 comments:

Spyder Z said...

Heh, he lives like 5-6 stories up right? That's like 10 stories to a Minja! ;P Also, carry a bat. See how many people try and hit you when you popping them off their scooters. I'm sure after the second or third one goes down, you'll suddenly have plenty of walking space. >.> (Not to mention a Pile of Scooters to choose from. ;P )

(I don't know if I could go somewhere where they didn't know how to make a real Burger... what would I eat!? O.o )

Anonymous said...

Tee hee! That's how I felt when I went to my first baseball game...at Safeco Field :D Your adventures are filling me with joy and food envy <3

Anonymous said...

Oh it sounds like you are having so much fun!! I just got done reading all of your entries so far, so sorry this refers to a previous entry, but I totally want to see a light up mannequin. :3 I MISS YOU *hugs!*

Unknown said...

what kind of crocks did you get? Sandles, Hi-heals?