Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Its the fuzz! Run!

So, being as how it is Monday, dad goes off to work like he would normally do. Leighanne and I had a thirst for something more…something…sweet. After getting all ready for the day, all 3 of us that is (myself, two younger sisters Leighanne (19) and Sarah (14)), prepared to leave the home. However, when proposed that we’d go find a 7-Eleven, the youngest in our group threw a fit because she didn’t want to walk more than a block today. So, half way to my joy, we left her locked in the apartment. Leighanne and I set off to Mister Donut again, but this time I was 6 inches away from getting hit by a scooter while stepping outside our apartment…on the sidewalk. Believe it or not, people ride their scooters at like 20mph on busy, public sidewalks. So that people like me can get hit.

So we get to Mister Donut and the lady gave me a scratch ticket. With some weird waves of her hands I somehow gather that I was suppose to scratch it and it had something to do with this display of weirdass boxes with lions on them. I scratch it, and it has the number one on it. I hoped that it wasn’t like, good for 1 NTS…which would mean its $0.03. With my sister and I’s awesome brain power, we asked another worker what they meant. What they were for, is if you gathered 10 points up, you got one of those weird boxes that I am sure, have no purpose to them. So CLEARLY Leighanne and I had to go back every single day and get enough points to get one of those. Its only logical!

After Mister Donut, we went to the mall…again. Cause we were still hungry, but we didn’t want to walk back up to the counter and get more donuts and be like “YAY! WE’RE FAT AMERICANS!” So…we went somewhere else. We went to one of the bakeries and found these bread thingies that had cheese, carrots, broccoli, and cauliflower…all baked into it! Like whole pieces. It was nuts. And yumtastic! Afterwards we found a 7-Eleven, which isn’t that hard. Its like being in Seattle and going, “hm. I want a Starbucks.” And then picking a street and walking down it. They’re everywhere. But I’ve said that already. Leighanne got some goodies, and I got some apple juice! I swear, you cant find apple juice in this country. I got it for 17 dollars! :D what a deal! I also found some mini skittles! They come in those triangular bag thingies that are just too cute. Those were 5 dollars.

So what have we learned? How much did Chelsea spend?

So, we get home and chill out. I played some Phoenix Wright, and fell asleep. Naps suck, dude. I hate naps. I like to be awake and fresh and not crabby! It sucked. So, I get dragged out of bed, and off on another adventure. We were going to Shilin night market. Before when we tried to, we didn’t even make it to the market, and I was freaking out. So I was a little scared to go, but I was promised that it was outside and I would have fun. So once we got in the area we went straight there and BOOM! The night market. It was a real narrow street, like big enough to fit one car, but the sides were filled with small shops, and in the middle there were people with stands and rags on the floor full of stuff. The best part of it is, they’re not supposed to be there! The people in the middle of the street, that is. They all have radios and a secret code word for when the cops show up. So, we were walking down the road and all of a sudden they start yelling and fold up their stuff in one swoop and start running into the little cracks in the walls and run their carts down other allies and COMPLETELY disappear. Its nuts! But everything is super duper cheap! There are shops where you cant see the walls. They’re nothing but shirts or purses. And we were there when it wasn’t busy. When its busy, you cant even walk. Dad and I had to branch away from Leighanne and Sarah. Well, mostly Leighanne. Every 2 seconds she stopped and had to look at something. It was driving me crazy. So we went off and looked at our own pace. There was this one stand where you can get your keys cut into awesome other keys! There were these one keys that made your key look like a sword. It was nuts! No one had a house key so I couldn’t make one…but we’re gonna go back and get them cut!

Anyway. Leighanne is cool.

By the way. Chelsea spent 22 dollars, which is under a dollar USD. HORRAY!

No comments: