Monday, September 15, 2008

Complimentary

I had the best sleep ever! It was super quiet in the hotel room. You could hardly hear the storm so I slept like a baby. Actually I don’t like that term, because in my experience and every experience a mother has had, babies sleep is kind of unpredictable. I slept like someone who got good sleep, how about that?

We got up and about and got some free breakfast from the hotel, and that was interesting. What they had was cocktail weenies, ham, steamed cabbage, fried (very fried) egg, unidentifiable dried and then moistened fruit, rice pudding soup of some sort, tofu, cereals, bread, and pre-injected buttered rolls. Yes…I ate. After this we had a discussion and talked about the possibility about staying another night. We took a look outside and it was completely calm outside. This was fantastic news to us, of course. Because that means it was over! The typhoon I mean. We asked someone at the front desk about what was going on with the storm and she told us it was calm because we were in the eye of the storm. The exact middle. Damn. This means there was more to come. But really, the weather was just like Seattle—all but the cold part. Which means we checked into the hotel room for another night.

So we went back to the apartment to check out the damage. The buckets were all mildly filled, but there were plenty more spots around the rooms that needed some attention. We grabbed a little more things to survive another night. As soon as we did that (and I mean as soon), we walked over to Mister Donut through the crazy crazy rain. This was going to be our last trip to Mister Donut. Because we were going to spend enough money to get the last tickets and get that stupid pointless box! And HORRAY we did! Our beautiful half plastic, half cardboard box was ours. Mmm…yummy. Afterwards we went to the mall, which is just across the street. After walking around the first floor of the mall and getting the sisters some ibuprofen, we decide we’re hungry again. After much debating and lots of refusing from dad to go to McDonalds (I didn’t want to go either), I put my foot down and said I’ve been wanting to go to the ramen shop that is under his apartment the whole trip and havnt been able to. So, we headed back over there. Let me tell you, it was delicious. I had some porkish noodleish ramen with gyoza on the side…mmmm…delish.

After this we did some wandering in some shops here and there, but I wasn’t having a very happy time doing this. With the combination of walking and walking and my feet being constantly wet because of the amount of water from the rain, my shoes were wearing away at my skin. Slowly causing the sides of my feet to turn raw. It was nasty. It hurt like crap. We headed back to the hotel room at around 4 and stayed there for the rest of the night. Dad and Leighanne went to go get pizza and bring it back. We also tried to watch some Asian movie dad found, but that was really boring, and then switched to National Treasure 2. I hate sequels, ya know? Like, why cant they come up with a completely new title other than National Treasure TWOOOOOooooooooooo OMGZZZZZZ. So, I hate Nicolas Cage. He can go choke on a butt for all I care. I didn’t watch the movie. I just rolled over and tried to sleep. All I could pick up was, “blablabla TREASURE blablablabla TREASURE bla TREASURE blabla TREASURE.” GAH! Its enough to drive one MAD. Haaaaaaaate…

No comments: