Friday, September 5, 2008

Rain, rain, boom, crash.

Day two of our most awesome adventure. I woke up and immediately started playing Pokemon Trozie. Im pretty much addicted to this game, for the DS. It was a pretty slow morning, and this log will probably be half the size of the last one…maybe smaller. Dad couldn’t get the day off today, so he went to work. He takes the bus to work, since there is a stop right outside his apartment complex. His work gives him a bus pass and a pass for the trains. Pretty cool deal, I think. He wants to get a scooter like most of the people here have one, but he still needs a work visa in order to get one.

I turned on the TV, and out of 120 channels there are only about 5 English ones. The channel we watched had Casper running, which was awesome. We watched that, then Monster House, then flipped around the channels and found something called Momo TV. This channel is like the Disney channel for us, I think. It had a Hello Kitty show! It was awesome! Then it started playing this strange anime that looked really familiar, but yeah. I have no idea what they are saying. Its all in Chinese. We also found Dora the Explorer in Chinese and that was pretty humorous.

I made some breakfast, and since dad’s cereal is frightening to me, I found some eggs! However, theres nothing to flip them with (not really), and no butter. I also had to hunt to find rice to make some. After that, I made some rice for everyone and put scrambled eggs on top of my rice. It was awesome. Afterwards I had to clean up real well because there are lots of tiny ants. Like sugar ants. They’re everywhere! At least its not as bad as flies or other bugs. Or rats. I don’t mind them as much, but dad has some traps to get them…that don’t work.

Soo…a few notes about Asia. They are all about the cute. Everything is bright colors and uniforms. I saw a lime green bus and about a dozen pink buses. Every warning sign has cute little faces that are crying or in some sort of pain. Also, don’t drink the tap water. We have to filter the water, then boil it in order to drink it. Kinda crazy. It also rains a lot. Randomly in the middle of the day it will start raining. Today it rained really hard, I had to turn the TV hella up in order to hear it. It only last about an hour though, then it was back to normal. Also, they are really into their coffee and donuts. The coffee here is really good, freakishtly enough. Im addicted. There are also donut places everywhere! And its not just donuts. They also think “hm. What else can we stick in a donut? I know! A hotdog!” So…they stick a hotdog in a donut pastry. Its quite yummy. Like a fluffy corndog.

After it rained, Leighanne and I went out to the mall that was across the street. The malls aren’t like the malls in the US. Usually the first floor of the malls are all food court. Which is AWESOME! Theres so much food, its insane. The mall across the street has two bakeries and lots and lots of other restaurants like you would find in our malls, but sitting is limited. The other levels (4 levels total) are different departments. The second floor is all womens department, the third is mens and children, and the forth is lingerie. It sounds like just one big store like a Sears, right? But no. When you go to each floor, every “store” is all wide open with their displays and a little counter where you check out. It was a little weird. The malls are all filled with real expensive shops. Real high class. Think of Belle Square and you got it. Just more shiny. Asians are really into their lingerie. Every mall we went to had HUGE sections of it. Think of a Victoria Secret but like the size of a Fred Mayer. I also saw one thing that I was weirded out by. Light up manikins! Nothing says “buy my see through lingerie” like a light up manikin.

Later we went out and about to 101, which is where the tallest building in the world is (currently). We saw it from a distance and I thought to myself, “its not that tall…” and the closer we got to it I changed my mind. Its huge! Also, we passed at least 5 malls on the way. You walk through or passed one to find another one. Something that was funny though, was that next to a Samsung and Express store there was a 7-11. Weeiirrd. We went to the very top floor of this mall and found one of my dad’s favorite restaurants. I don’t know what it was called, but basically it was an all you can eat of awesome Asian goodness. First you pay, and they send you through this maze of food and tables until you find your place. After a while I just started picking up things that I wasn’t so sure what it was, but I did try everything. Apparently they are real into potatoes, cause I found half a dozen potato dishes. The best stuff I had there was sashimi. Ive never had sashimi, but I have had it on rice (which would make it sushi), so I was a little nervous to try it. But I did, it was awesome. I got very full.

We went over to where 101 was, but it closed right as we got there. Bastards. Yet again we had to go through another mall with shops that I didn’t care about. That was sad, but we have 2 weeks to get there. We went home the same way we went back. Lots of walking and taking the trains. I like the trains, it makes me feel fuzzy inside when Im smashed up against a wall next to a hott Asian man. :D happy Chelsea! We had to transfer at the huge station and it was so crowded I couldn’t see my feet. Instead I was always looking down to see someone’s purse or backpack shoved into my chest. Very nice…After getting off the train at our final destination, we caught a cab back home. The most awesome thing is that I could hear a roar and suddenly our cab swerves out of the way in time for a red Ferrari shoot past at at least 75 miles and hour compared to our 30. It was the sexiest thing that has happened to me all day. I wouldn’t have minded it so much if I got into a crash with that car. Sure I would have to spend months in the hospital, but that man would have wrecked his $250,000 car and that alone would fill me with joy. Later on that night it passed by 3 or 4 times. I had a little grin in my face every time it passed too. I have also found a new love for showering at night. It makes one feel delightful. Sleep is good.

2 comments:

Spyder Z said...

Ummm... Even though they smashed up their car, we'd have a Smashed up Minja, and that would be teh Suck... :(

Also, Lawl Mall Country. ;P

Laurelhouse said...

Chelsea...I found your blog! You are an incredible writer!!! OMGosh... I love reading your entries... You are so funny and descriptive, I hang on your every word...
Laurie Ascanio